Hi Readers!

Welcome to my Blog!

I don't post on this blog anymore, but feel free to check the archives for something that interests you.

You can also head over to my new blog, Just Add Laughter. This one is updated very frequently. Be sure to add it to your blog roll!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Text Books

The price of textbooks is horrendous.

I am re-taking an English class that I didn't manage to finish last semester. Last semester, we had to do a Reading Lab ever two weeks, but it was free. This semester, I had to buy an access code. WTH? $35.

Then, I had to buy my text book. The instructor wants the 9th edition. The bookstore has only NEW 9th editions, or USED 8th editions. The new is $77, the used is $55. So, I buy the used, and figure that they can't be that different, since the 8th edition is bigger than the 9th edition.

THEN, we have to have a vocabulary book. Every week, we have to study 10 words, then do a quiz, which is timed. Luckily, that was only $15 used.

My grand total was $118. I had a $100 gift card from the financial aid office, and $9 left over from last semester. So, I only had to pay $9 out of my own pocket, but seriously! The cost is outrageous!!

I was going to take an Art class, too, just something to broaden my horizons. THAT book was $90!!!! USED!! Umm, yeah, I won't be taking that class!!

I have been on campus since about 1:30pm, and it's now 4:35, and my orientation for my English class is at 6pm. So, I've been busy catching up on LaughingPlace and listening to the podcasts. But, I'M BORED! HAHA

I did start the first assignment, though. Aren't I playing the School Nerd? :P

1 comment:

Tena said...

I hear ya! No wonder people seem to give up on college so much!