Hi Readers!

Welcome to my Blog!

I don't post on this blog anymore, but feel free to check the archives for something that interests you.

You can also head over to my new blog, Just Add Laughter. This one is updated very frequently. Be sure to add it to your blog roll!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Whew!

ok, new month, new blog entry!

My six-month new year resolution: do at least one new blog entry a week! ;-D

So, an update. Where to begin? I have no idea. So I'll just start with me.

I started seeing a new guy in March. His name is Jim, and he lives in Borrego Springs, which is about 45 miles from my house. Not too far, but not close enough!

I also am just finishing up my finals for the Spring Semester! I took 4 classes: Music, History, Geology, and English. I ended up being dropped from the English class, since I didn't do all the required reading lab assignments. I mean, come on! It's an ONLINE class, which means I am a very busy person! How can I be expected to do 2 and a half hours every 2 weeks on top of EVERYTHING else...all my other homework, my job, my two kids...it just wasn't possible! So I was dropped, which means that I'm taking it again...online...over the summer. But with only one class, it should be much easier to keep up with! My music and geology classes were very easy and I loved them! I know I'll be passing them. My history class, on the other hand, is an iffy situation. I probably have a "B" in the class right now, but I haven't taken my final yet (he actually postponed it until Wednesday, instead of tomorrow), and I didn't turn in my Family History Project! Ooooooops. So, I may not pass the class. So, if I don't pass my history class, I'll have 4 classes left to take until I can graduate (not including the english class I'm taking over the summer): History 100 & 101, English 211, and Math 112. Then, I'll have my AA, which means I can transfer.

Ok, the girls:

Big Sis is finishing up 1st grade! How is that possible?? Didn't she JUST start Kindergarten? Well, she's doing fabulous! She earned student of the month in April, and has been progressing by leaps and bounds with her reading! She blows me away sometimes. I love it when she writes me little notes.

Little Sis is still in preschool. I had a conference with her teacher last week, and she had nothing but great things to say! She says that Little Sis has really grasped the concept of adding and subtracting, and her reading comprehension (well, listening, since she doesn't read yet) is very very good. She can answer questions about the plot (what happened), the characters (the people), and the setting (the background), as well as sequencing the events in the story! She's one smart little cookie, and she amazes me every day! She'll be starting Kindergarten NEXT year (2009), as Big Sis enters 3rd grade. (WAHHHHHHH!!!!!)

So, that's about it for me. I know I'll be moving this summer, and as I know more information, those in the know will be getting a notice of my new address! For now, I'm off to finish my Geology final project, since we took the test on Wednesday..

Monday's final: Music & turn in Geology projects

Wednesday's final: History only!

Then, I'm done!!!! WHOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!


P.S. Did I mention that my job ended on Friday, May 31? Since the high school gets out next Thursday, they didn't need us tutors anymore, so our last day was on Friday. I'll miss my job, but now I can focus on things that need to get done so I can move on to the next phase of my life!!

1 comment:

Tena said...

Did you mean to say Alex starts 2nd grade next year?? You put 3rd and my jaw hit the floor, don't make them older than they already are Jaime!!! LOL! Sounds like you are all super busy and doing great!